Check your understanding of the important content of this website by answering the following questions.
There are six questions. Please answer as many as you can, and preferably all six questions.
Thank you for answering the questions.
1. While a patient is being treated with apixaban, it is important that early recognition and immediate contact with a healthcare professional is made for signs and/or symptoms of which associated risk?
2. In which one of the following patient groups is the prescribing of apixaban NOT contraindicated?
3. Which one of the following should a prescriber NOT tell patients?
4. Which of these patient subpopulations would be at increased risk of bleeding if treated with apixaban? (Select all that apply)
5. If a patient treated with apixaban requires surgery associated with a moderate risk of bleeding, what course of action should be taken?
6. Is routine coagulation monitoring required in patients taking apixaban?